Most grape varieties have their specific characteristics, but they need to be perfectly suited to the soil and climate.
In our case, nature chose Merlot. Soil analyzes have shown us that this grape expresses itself best in our terroir.
Roundness and finesse with an aromatic complexity which translates into aromas of red and black fruits. As they age, they develop into notes of spices and undergrowth. Subtle, refined with fine and silky tannins, the Merlots give our wines suppleness, smoothness and charm.
Rootstocks are also crucial. They will define a more or less productive plant adapted to drought or humidity. We prefer the highly qualitative 3309, 10114, Gravesac.
- Our reds are composed of 85% Merlot. This grape is distinguished by its roundness and supple tannins. Each
plot produces a very different wine depending on the soil and the rootstock which each year will be clearly identified and vinified in
- We also have 5% Cabernet Franc and 5% Malbec, 3% Cabernet Sauvignon and 2% Petit Verdot to bring if necessary a touch of liveliness and spice (by daring the parallel, as one would season a dish a turn of a pepper mill).
- In our soil types, the 3 main Bordeaux grape varieties Sémillon, Sauvignon and Muscadelle are very suitable.
We chose by taste to favor Sémillon. It is a very complex and varied grape variety. We vinify it so as to find lemon and other ripe citrus fruits. For the freshness essential to the balance of a white wine, are added notes of apricots and acacia flowers.
- Regarding our whites, we work 100% with Sémillon for our Cuvée Prestige(vinified in oak barrels).
This complex grape variety is characterized by its freshness, citrus and floral notes.
- The use of Sauvignon (15%) for more fruitiness comes into play for our Traditional cuvéevinified in stainless steel vats.
- our rosés are the fruit of a blend of Cabernet Franc (80%) and Merlot (20%)resulting in a very good balance.
- 90% Sémillon and 10% Sauvignon for our Traditional Cuvée, vinified in vats